Introducing The PastureBox
In cooperation with Renaissance Ag, we are developing solutions that offer reliable livestock feed production. One dependable solution we’ve identified is the PastureBox.
The PastureBox is a revolutionary, self-contained, hydroponic system that can produce up to 3,000 lbs. of fresh sprouted livestock feed everyday, while saving hours of labor and thousands of gallons of fuel, water, and fertilizer.
The PastureBox helps farm operators overcome three of the greatest challenges they currently face:
Challenge 1: Crop Variables
Variables, such as insects, climate, soil, fertilizer, herbicides and pesticides, can greatly diminish a crop’s yield. This result can affect the amount of food available for consumption and in turn influence the farm’s income.
The PastureBox has been designed to overcome these variables and produce a consistent, reliable food source for livestock.
Challenge 2: Rising Operating Costs
Regardless of the size of the farm, operating costs are rising. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the cost of livestock feed is among those expenses which is increasing quickly.
By eliminating the use of dozens of hours of labor, thousands of gallons of fuel and water, and reducing the need for irrigable land, the PastureBox can help farm operators improve their bottom line.
Challenge 3: Worsening Drought Conditions
As drought conditions worsen across farmlands, regulators can impose harsh water restrictions on farmers. Without a dependable water supply for irrigation, grazing pastures dry up quickly and the rising cost of sprouted feed negates buying hay as a sustainable option.
A recyclable water irrigation system built-in to the PastureBox can save up to 300 gallons of water per day.
Summary of PastureBox Benefits
- 6 Days: From seed to feed in only 6 days.
- 3000 Pounds: The Pasturebox can produce 3000 pounds per day of the highest quality feed, year-round, without the need for large areas of growing fields and grazing land.
- 55 Acres: Each Pasturebox can replace up to 55 acres of alfalfa with no loss in feed quality.
- 90% Less Water: Save approximately 300 gallons of water per day. That equates to less water usage than an average pivot in a season.
- 0% Harm: No pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers. All the feed you need with only three ingredients.